13 April, 2018

My Favourite Things - A Tag





Sunrise, Berri, South Australia

I haven’t done a tag in ages, but a favourite person of mine tagged me last month, and I thought something out of the ordinary might be refreshing. :) So, here are her lovely questions:

1. Favourite pajamas?
This is an excellent question; pyjamas are basically my favourite clothes. :) My all-time favourites would be a pair I had when I was maybe twelve which had Little Miss Sunshine on them. She’s one of my heroes. 

2. Favourite Bible story and why?
At the moment it’s the story of Noah, partially inspired by my recent read: Heart of A Lion. Noah isn’t talked about a lot in the Bible, and his story has become common, but he was an incredible man of faith, and that’s been inspiring me recently. 

3. Favourite room of the house?
I’ll say our spare bedroom which has my desk, most of my books, and other bits and pieces I’ve collected. I seem to have more mental space, and fewer distractions there, so if I want to focus or relax at the end of the day, I like to sit there. But, if you’ve lived in our house, you’ll know the real answer to this question. ;)

4. Favourite hair style?
My hair is most commonly in a ponytail or some messy bun. I’ve never put a lot of effort into my hair, so I don’t really have a favourite hair style: the easier it is, the more likely I am to do it! I like braids when I’m feeling fancy, and I wish I knew how to do beach-style waves in my hair.

5. Favourite farm animal?
Sheep are my favourite. :) Pet lambs are so cute, and because I’ve bottle-raised a few I like them most. They have such distinct personalities and habits, and they’re good company. 

6. Favourite character trait?
It’s funny because I’ve never been one to have favourites of anything – colours, songs, etc. I never want to commit to anything, because I know it will change. But honesty and humility have always been my favourite character traits. They’re what I admire most in others, and what I’d like to be myself.

7. Favourite place outside?
My favourite times to be outside are at sunrise, sunset, or at night under the moon or lots of stars, but I can’t really think of one specific place outside that’s my favourite. 

8. Favourite post on your blog (most viewed)?
31 Hugs – Ideas is my most viewed post, closely followed by On Vulnerability. I wonder what makes them so interesting to people, especially considering they’re very different to each other. 

9. Favourite quote?
I’m liking lots of words from Tozer’s book The Pursuit of God, in particularly a thought that links in with my current focus on faith: “Faith is the gaze of the soul upon a saving God.”

10. Favourite recent photo?
Probably one I posted on Instagram recently: it has the sunset colour and the moon in the one photo, and those are two of my favourite things. It’s a happy photo. :)

11. Favourite thing about your Mum?
I like how she can do anything she puts her hand to, whether that’s sewing, knitting, gardening, grafting trees, teaching, cooking, fixing the plumbing, writing a bible study, or building an extension on the house. She pays attention to detail, she’s strong, and I really admire her, and all the effort she’s put into nurturing us in Christ.

~

So, there are some random facts! What are some of your current favourites? Do you have a favourite character trait? What’s your favourite of my posts? Do you like to stay in pyjamas as long as socially acceptable, or get out of them as soon as possible?

16 comments:

  1. i so loved reading this!!! beautiful pictures too <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Paige! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for your comment! xx

      Delete
  2. This is a cute post, and I love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a nice sunrise. Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved Little Miss Sunshine - I had a pair of PJs when I was about eleven that had her on it.
    Beautiful photos and fun post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. she really is inspiring with her bright smiles and happy braids. :) That's cool you liked her too!

      Thanks heaps for your comment! xx

      Delete
  4. Beach style waves: put your hair in about five little braids while wet and leave over night (if you have thick hair like me, you might want to blowdry them in the morning just before you unbraid them.) I've only done this once, because I was scared of getting spilt ends 😉. I think it works best with medium length, average thickness hair. I hope that helps you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Victoria! That is helpful - I'll give it a go! Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this tag (although now I am VERY curious as to your real favorite room in the house?!?!?!? Hahahaha!!!!)! And I'm about to go read your most read posts! But first... I tagged you over at my blog too, if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bri! And hmm, my favourite room would be the 'toilet room' - guaranteed personal space and privacy, great for thinking and journaling... sorry if that's too much information, haha, but now you know! ;) And thanks so much for the tag! I'll check it out. :)

      Delete
  6. Very pretty sunrise pictures! Great post! I read through On Vulnerability and it was so good! Thanks for sharing!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Brooklyne! Praise God for His creation and inspiration. xx

      Delete
  7. This post was so sweet to read! I loved reading your answers!

    (Also I'm like you: I don't like picking favorites, whether it be color, or anything else. It's funny!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Hanne! Ooh, glad to know I'm not the only one to dodge the favourite questions - they're hard! Thanks again for your comment. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Jessica. My phone won't let me comment on your newest post "Why is Faith Important?" For some reason it will let me comment here though. :-)
    That was a really good post and very thought provoking. Thank you! I liked what you said about faith being like a muscle. Also your last sentence was powerful.
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a bit strange! You're so sweet for making the effort to leave a comment anyway!

      Praise God, and thanks so much for your encouragement! May we both keep exercising the muscle of faith. xx

      Delete

When you comment:

1. My day will be brighter, my face smiling, and my heart blessed.

2. I’m likely to immediately go and explore your blog (if you have one) to find out more of your amazingness, and return the blessing.

3. I will then attempt to craft a response to you that will somehow fail to convey how much I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and kindness. I’m grateful for every word of encouragement you give, and don’t be afraid to share some constructive criticism also; there’s always more to learn. In short: thank-you! :)