22 March, 2015

Before We Called...

“And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” Isaiah 65:24 This is God speaking, through Isaiah, about what it's going to be like in the new heaven and earth. But sometimes we get to experience a little bit of heaven on earth; God answers our prayers before we've even thought to pray them. I've noticed that happen twice in the last week, and I want to share it with you...

Last Thursday night, I was in my bedroom, possibly being silly as my overtired crazy behaviour kicked in. Anyway, I was considering my shoes, a few pairs of which were lined up on the floor. The furthermost pair were a white pair of flats which I've practically lived in for the last year or so. They've taken me around town many times, and even bushwalking etc. As such, they're in a sad state, and not so presentable anymore. So as I looked at them there, I thought to myself, “I'd better start looking around – in op shops or on sale -  for another pair.” I gotten that last pair at an op shop for cheap – and they were very close to brand new too. The thought began and ended there, and I moved on. The very next day, however, we were in town for another reason, and we decided to go into a shop we'd never been to before. It's called a boutique, so we were just looking – those places aren't normally affordable. But when we got in there we discovered that it was actually like an upper class op shop, selling only brand names; yet their prices were still very reasonable. Amongst everything else, there were a pair of shoes, black flats, size 8 ½. I put them on and they fitted. They were a good brand, and promised to last long and be comfortable. They were a cheap price, and they looked brand new. I hesitated because they weren't exactly what I had in mind, but then I remembered my thoughts of the night before, and decided that God must've been answering my unspoken prayer – and so soon! We bought them, and I've decided I do actually like them, and that they're a little gift from God just for me. :)

Then, actually that Friday night, my Mum expressed her thoughts about how nice it would be to have a bit more fellowship for Sabbaths, particularly the one we were just about to begin. We'd discussed this all before, and come to the same conclusion as we did that night – there is no one else, locally, around us. Still, one can wish. I don't know if my Mum prayed about it that night, but the next morning we got a text message to say that we were having extra visitors for the day! We were excited to say the least. We had a great day together, and even discussed meeting up and doing it again. It reminded me again of the verse “before they call, I will answer” - before we'd even prayed about it, the answer came, and from a place we didn't really expect.

Another verse, which I sort of got mixed up with the one above, describes this as well: “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” Jeremiah 33:3 It's exciting to see the fulfilment of these verses, even in such seemingly small ways; before we prayed God answered, and showed us great and mighty things which we knew not. Thank-you God!

How has God been answering your prayers? Have you ever had an experience where God answered your unspoken prayer? Please do share; I enjoy reading all your comments so much. :)


Jessica xxx

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's awesome thanks for Sharing, this sure was an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and praise God! Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete

When you comment:

1. My day will be brighter, my face smiling, and my heart blessed.

2. I’m likely to immediately go and explore your blog (if you have one) to find out more of your amazingness, and return the blessing.

3. I will then attempt to craft a response to you that will somehow fail to convey how much I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and kindness. I’m grateful for every word of encouragement you give, and don’t be afraid to share some constructive criticism also; there’s always more to learn. In short: thank-you! :)