09 February, 2013

A Thought on Prayer


This morning in our study time, a comment on prayer was made, that really got me thinking. The comment was ‘Maybe we don’t ask enough.’ Jesus tells us in John 14:14  ‘If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.’ And then He says in John 16:24  ‘Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.’ Think about it. We say ‘Oh, God doesn't answer my prayers.’ But have we asked for anything? Specifically?

Maybe He just didn't answer them the way we wanted, or expected. But He always answers them for our good. In fact, ‘God never leads His children otherwise than they would choose to be led, if they could see the end from the beginning and discern the glory of the purpose which they are fulfilling as co-workers with Him.’  {MH 479.2}

So, I want to encourage you, (like I am encouraging myself) to ask God for more, so that we can receive more, and our ‘joy may be full.’ J

~

Psalms 18:29  For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.

2 comments:

  1. we... well, I, must pray more at all. not enough praying going on full stop. but it's a good thought. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment:

1. My day will be brighter, my face smiling, and my heart blessed.

2. I’m likely to immediately go and explore your blog (if you have one) to find out more of your amazingness, and return the blessing.

3. I will then attempt to craft a response to you that will somehow fail to convey how much I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and kindness. I’m grateful for every word of encouragement you give, and don’t be afraid to share some constructive criticism also; there’s always more to learn. In short: thank-you! :)